The property is located in the village hamlet of Pilley within the New Forest National Park, a short walk to the open forest Heathland, three miles from Lymington, with a village shop and primary school close by.
Description: The front door leads to a recessed Entrance Lobby with sliding door to the Living Room which has a fitted fireplace, off which leads the Two Bedrooms, each with a fireplace and dual aspects. From the Living Room a doorway leads to the Kitchen which has a fitted solid fuel stove with cupboard to one side housing the hot water cylinder with immersion heater, there is also a sink with cupboards below. A door leads to the rear lobby with door to the garden. Also leading off the kitchen is a Dining Room with fitted fireplace and window overlooking the garden. In addition a doorway from the kitchen leads to a Store Room and also to the Shower room with WC, basin, corner shower cubicle and a trap to the roof space.
There are numerous timber and corrugated iron outhouses which at one time provided garaging, workshops and sheds, now all in dilapidated condition. Towards the end of the garden there is a range of concrete block pigsties and an area of garden together with a metal framed greenhouse.
The property enjoys a small paddock to the west, in total extending to about half an acre frontages to both Jordans Lane and Bull Hill.
The property benefits from Forest Rights – details of which to be confirmed.
Tax band C £1,445,54 (payable 2017/2018)
Services: Mains Electricity and water connected. Cesspit drainage. Double glazed windows installed.
Energy Performance Rating: G – full EPC available at our office
TENDER DATE: 14 June 2017
To treat all prospective purchasers equally we are inviting all interested parties to submit their best and final offers on the following basis:
1. Offers to be submitted in writing to:
Mr Philip Salt, Scott Bailey LLP, 63 High Street, Lymington, Hampshire, SO41 9ZT.
The offer letter should be in an envelope marked Jordans Cottage, Bull Hill, Pilley, Lymington, Hampshire, SO41 5RA.
2. Offers to arrive not later than 12 noon on Wednesday 14 June 2017.
3. Offers should be made subject to contract only.
4. All offers will be given due consideration although preference will be given to those of a cash nature not subject to the sale of another property or dependent upon unconfirmed bridging facilities.
5. Offers submitted should be of precise figure, and it is suggested that an offer should be for an odd amount to avoid problems from identical offers. No escalating or accumulating offers will be considered.
6. It is requested that financial arrangements for the purchase should be set out in a letter if bridging finance is to be arranged, a letter confirming this from the financial source should be included.
7. Your full name, address and daytime telephone number.
8. The full name and address of the solicitors acting on your behalf should be included.
9. The vendors are not bound to accept the highest or any offer received.
10. No revised offers after the stated time will be considered.
11. The successful purchaser will be expected to exchange contracts within four weeks of the offer being accepted.
For any clarification or additional explanation of the above, please do not hesitate to contact us
Tel 01590 676111.
A hundred years ago, W.H. Hudson described these villages as “a land of secret green, out of the world places”. Surrounded by the New Forest these villages are a short distance from the foreshores of the Solent. They afford beautiful quiet areas with horses and cows roaming freely, lovely country lanes, beautiful churches and traditional inns.